From the Komsomolskaya Iskra handwritten journal, Issue No.8:
"One NCO was captured as a result of a fierce skirmish. Trophies were also seized: two working semi-automatic cannons and a large number of shells for them, six rifles, one machine gun, and other kinds of military gear."
«ut two 20mm German Oerlikon cannons were the most precious trophy for the partisans. The air defense cannon is responsible for the largest share of downed aircraft.
Making use of the know-how of the German engineer Reinhold Becker and the Swiss company SEMAG, designers of the Swiss company Oerlikon presented new quick-firing cannons in 1927. The new modification was designed by an Austrian engineer, a former Air Force pilot, an inventor and innovator Antoine Gazda.
Originally developed by Reinhold Becker, the cannon design was rather simple and turned out to be surprisingly serviceable. The cannon's mechanism was virtually impervious to grime and dirt. It was impossible to break the cannon. Even after firing long bursts it continued operating without delays. The cannon's barrel could be easily replaced in field conditions. The shells were fed from a box magazine with 15 rounds mounted on top.
The partisans of the Komsomol Unit took advantage of the anti-aircraft cannons in their further combat operations. In 1960, one of the guns was transported to the Leningrad Artillery Museum (now the Military Historical Museum of Artillery, Engineers and Signal Corps in St. Petersburg). The second cannon is on display at the Belarusian State Museum of the Great Patriotic War History.